What We Do
In September 2007 ENOUGH officially opened. Since then the range of activities that we have been involved in has been enormous. Our target is to be present and relevant and ultimately, broaden the horizons for the young people of Hartcliffe and Withywood in year 6 and above. The young people we have contact with, also have families and we love to work with them too.
We use our home for the majority of youth clubs that we run as we feel this provides a dramatically different atmosphere to other venues. So, for evenings during the week our home is in use for clubs and our garden is a playground for the young people.
Some of the things that happen in 404 (our house) are:
- Girls Group Mondays, aimed at Year 9 and above with a God content.
- Tea and Talk - This is a monthly food and bible study/testimony time offered to boys age 16+.
- Boys Club Wednesday evenings, eating pudding, hanging out, playing games, doing activities with a Christian focus.
- Minnies a craft and games club every Thursday for girls Year 6-8.
We also work in primary and secondary schools in the area working with small groups and one-to-one:
- It's like this Year 6 small groups looking at building confidence, social skills as they transition into secondary school.
- It's like that A follow up transition group in year 7.
- Behaviour management one-to-ones Specifically for those who are struggling in school
- In class support for RE lessons in secondary school.
- Me and My Mum A course for mums and daughters to spend time together and work on their relationship.
Another part of our work involves football:
- Hartcliffe Saints FC Training Sessions Thursdays 9-10pm aimed at 16years+ Weekly football training at Merchants Academy. £2 per session. All abilities welcome.
We love getting to know the young people who come along to ENOUGH in all capacities. We are keen to work with their families too. We will try to support them in their parenting, be an advocate for the young person within the community and be an unbiased voice to help families work together. We do this through parent days, visits, multi-agency meetings and socials.
Other work includes:
- Local primary and secondary schools providing mentoring, curriculum enhancements and support packages, we have undertaken lunch-time clubs and other activities too
- Family support.
- Helping to minimise ASB within the locality through multi-agency working.
- Being a positive resource for the community. We try to resource projects and groups with volunteers and ideas where we can.
- and many other things.